As we have all experienced this year, COVID-19 has upended the western sports industry and our way of life. An untold number of rodeo events have been cancelled, relocated, postponed until 2021 or held with decreased prize money, some with fans, some without. WCRA along with our partners at PBR have continued to work and plan the Women’s Rodeo World Championship as part of the overall PBR Finals Week events headlined by the PBR World Finals.
We want each of you to know that PBR has fought hard on our behalf as they have led the charge in navigating the various protocols and procedures set by the State of Nevada. Rest assured, this event is happening. Just not in the city or on the dates we have been planning for and this decision was finalized yesterday.
The $750,000 Women’s Rodeo World Championship Main Event Championship Round featuring the top six athletes will be held in AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas November 13-15 as a featured activity within the PBR World Finals performances. All other rounds of the WRWC will be held November 8-12 at the Will Rogers Memorial Center in Fort Worth, Texas with an unchanged competition format.
Thankfully this particular relocation is a huge game changer and will allow the top six championship round to run alongside the PBR’s marquee event making it that much more historic. WCRA and PBR will be able to crown the first Women’s Rodeo World Champions in one of the most iconic stadiums in the United States during the PBR World Finals and put you on one of the largest platforms in all of Western Sports.
The State of Texas has approved the event within the state’s COVID Guidelines. The WCRA and PBR teams are now starting from scratch on planning the onsite event logistics due to securing the new venue late yesterday afternoon for the WRWC portion of the events. More details will be coming soon, and we appreciate your patience in waiting on this decision and thank you in advance for your continued patience as more details are finalized.
Below is what we can provide at this time. This information includes a daily schedule of what portions of the competition format will be included each day. Please note that we are aware of the various conflicting events in the area. We specifically looked at The Cowgirl Gathering in Fort Worth, Barrel Futurity America in Guthrie and the WPRA Finals in Waco. Based on available information we did our best to limit event conflicts.
Women’s Rodeo World Championship
November 8-15, 2020
Nominations & Entry Information:
- WCRA Segment W20 Nomination deadline has been extended seven days – new deadline: October 18, 2020 @ 11:59pm CT.
- If you are unable to participate in the event due to the date and venue change you may contact [email protected] to request a refund of your W20 nominations. The deadline to request a nomination refund is Friday, Oct. 2, 2020 by 5 pm CT. After this date, all nomination transactions are final.
- WRWC OPEN Entries deadline has been extended seven days – new deadline: October 25, 2020 @ 11:59pm CT. You can enter at www.entrytool.com.
Event Schedule Information:
- Will Rogers Memorial Center – Fort Worth, TX
- Sunday, November 8
- GBR – Fast Track Round
- Monday, November 9
- GBR – WCRA Leaderboard Pool Round 1; OPEN Pools Qualifying Round 1
- TR – Fast Track Rounds; WCRA Leaderboard Pool Rounds 1 & 2; Elite 18 Round
- Tuesday, November 10
- GBR – WCRA Leaderboard Pool Round 2; OPEN Pools Qualifying Round 2
- TR – OPEN Pool Rounds 1 & 2; Redemption Round, Progressive Round
- Wednesday, November 11
- GBR – Elite 18 Round; Redemption Round; Progressive Round
- BAW – Fast Track Rounds; WCRA Leaderboard Pool Rounds 1 & 2; Elite 18 Round; OPEN Pool Rounds 1 & 2
- Thursday, November 12
- BAW – Redemption Round, Progressive Round
- All Disciplines – Main Event Rounds 1 & 2
- Sunday, November 8
- AT&T Stadium – Arlington, TX
- Friday, November 13 – GBR – Main Event Championship Round (top 6)
- Saturday, November 14 – TR – Main Event Championship Round (top 6)
- Sunday, November 15 – BAW – Main Event Championship Round (top 6)
As more details are confirmed we will update the event page at www.womensrodeoworldchampionship.com. Please direct any questions you have to [email protected] as this will be the official information channel for event updates.
We are excited to see you in November and excited to get this inaugural event underway.
WCRA President Bobby Mote