Here are some important reminders about the Women’s Rodeo World Championship Leaderboard Cutoff and a description of when the W20 leaderboard update will be finalized:
- The official cut off to be in the Top 64 in each discipline (Breakaway Roping, Barrel Racing, Heading and Heeling) of the Women’s Rodeo World Championship (W20) Leaderboard standings was 11:59:59 PM CT on October 18. If a rodeo was currently in progress but did not end by that time, it will not count towards the W20 standings.
- At 2pmCT on Tuesday, October 20, the leaderboard will be updated and athletes will have until 2pmCT on Wednesday, October 21 to email [email protected] to declare a dispute in the results. After this deadline, all points on the W20 Leaderboard are final.
- By 1 PM CT on Thursday, October 22 – the leaderboard will be updated one last time and the results will be final. Note: The #1-4 individual header and heeler on the final update of the W20 Leaderboard will advance directly to the Main Event.
- A list of confirmed headers and heelers in the Top 64 will be sent via text on Friday, October 23 at 10amCT and those athletes will have until Monday, October 26 at 5pmCT to confirm their pairings. Note: There will be a separate pairing list created for the Fast Track Pool.
- In order to confirm your pairing, all headers and heelers must email [email protected] and include the name of the header/heeler for your pairing.
- As the pairings are sent in, the header and heeler point total will be combined to determine the team’s rank inside of the Top 64.
- Review all team roping pairing ground rules here.
- Once the leaderboard is final, the athletes will advance as follows:
#1-4 on the W20 Leaderboard will advance directly to the Women’s Rodeo World Championship Main Event.
#5-64 will compete in the W20 Leaderboard Pool. Any Nominate, Win, You’re In Qualifiers will also compete in the Fast Track Pool.
If there is a tie in the W20 Leaderboard standings, please be aware of the tie-breaker rules: (ALL TIE BREAKERS HAVE BEEN APPLIED ON THE WCRA LEADERBOARD THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE SEGMENT)
- First tie-breaker – When there is a tie on total WCRA points, the tie will be broken based upon the total number of points by place. For example, the contestant with the most first-place points will win the tie. If both contestants have an equal number of first-place points, the contestant with the most second-place points will win the tie. This process will continue until the tie is decided.
- Second tie-breaker – The tie will be broken based upon the most points won in the highest division
- Third tie-breaker – The tie will be broken based upon the most nominations
- Fourth tie-breaker – The tie will be broken based upon the earliest date/time of first nomination
- Fifth tie-breaker – The tie will be broken based upon the earliest date of registering in the app
- If still tied, the tie will be broken from the standings of the alliance partner that the consolation points were won
If you do advance in the Top 64 to the WCRA Leaderboard Pool, WCRA will contact each of you directly and you will be given more information on the entry procedure. Entries will be open October 27 at NoonCT – October 29 at 5pmCT. All entries will be taken at entrytool.com, and you will not be able to enter before or after those dates/times.
For anyone that places outside of the Top 64 once the W20 leaderboard is final, you will be contacted on Thursday, October 22nd and you will have the option to enter the event as an alternate during the entry window of October 27 – 29.
Lastly, if you are near the Top 64 of the W20 leaderboard in your discipline, and you know you will not be able to attend the Women’s Rodeo World Championship, please email [email protected] immediately to inform them you do not plan to attend the event.
For additional questions, please email [email protected]