Responsible for coordinating day-to-day projects for WCRA (World Champions Rodeo Alliance) and Women’s Rodeo World Championship, website, social media sites and other digital platforms. Also responsible for designing, loading web content and providing editorial coverage for wcrarodeo.com and womensrodeoworldchampionship.com. Position will also assist with duties that pertain to all media relations functions for the WCRA.
Reports To: Director of Communications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create social media content calendars to engage fans/athletes and drive traffic back to web pages
• Monitor mass relevance account, publishing and moderating creative content over social media platforms such as Tik Tok, Facebook, Instagram, snapchat and more.
• Will be an active member of the organization’s Social Media committee.
• Assist in WCRA Cares Community Relations Program
• Track social media page metrics, ad placements, and graphic replacements
• Assist in editorial coverage for all WCRA/WRWC events.
• Assist with WCRA video production. Duties can range from editing, shooting, producing short web features.
• Assist with creating unique strategies and campaigns to reach target audiences using the latest technologies and innovative practices.
• Will work with Marketing department to execute brand initiatives across WCRA/WRWC web pages, social networks, and all digital platforms.
• Responsible for creating and updating digital content calendar.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Proficient in Content Management Systems, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Photoshop, InDesign, etc)
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong knowledge of rodeo is required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on sports writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high level executive positions.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Ability to take direction without follow up.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department.