WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Once an athlete has nominated a rodeo/event (prior to the start of rodeo), points will be awarded if/when the athlete places at the rodeo/event and earns money. Points are weighted differently for each division and are scaled for go rounds and final rounds/ aggregates. Points are awarded in each go around up to the top ten money winners.
Points are distributed based on the number of paid places at an event and begin with the base points in the last place hole paid out. There are base points for Go Rounds, and base points for Finals/Average Rounds. Each division base points are as follows:
Go-Round Base Points
- Division 1: 15 points
- Division 2: 9 points
- Division 3: 6 points
- Division 4: 3 points
Finals & Average Base Points
- Division 1: 25 points
- Division 2: 15 points
- Division 3: 10 points
- Division 4: 5 points
To determine how many points, you will receive for a placing, follow this method:
- Identify the division of the event you competed at, how many paid places there are in each round of the competition, and where you placed.
- Verify if it was a go-round or a final/average round.
- For the last paid position (up to 10 paid places), award the base points.
- Then, for every position above the last paid position, add the base value plus the value from the position below it.
- For the first place position, add the base points to the 2nd place value, plus the “bump”(which is the base points again).
- Repeat this step for every go-round/final round/average round in your competition.
- I competed at a Division 2 event that had one go-round, and it paid 3 positions. I placed 3rd, how many points would I receive?
1st – 36 points (18 + 9 base points+ 9 “bump” base points)
2nd – 18 points (9 + 9 base points)
3rd – 9 points (base points)
Note: If an event only pays out one hole, you will receive the base points plus the “bump” base points.
Based on your points earned through your nominated performances, advance to one of the $500,000 Semi-Finals Events and possibly on to a one-day $1,000,000 major rodeo. Check leaderboard standing HERE.
WHAT TYPE OF POINTS CAN I RECEIVE?
Competition Points– Points earned for placing in up to 10 paid positions per the WCRA point system.
Consolation Points– Points earned at alliance events for nominations that do not result in earning competition points
Nomination Points– Points that are awarded when no competition points, nor consolation points are earned or awarded.
CONSOLATION POINTS BREAKDOWN:
Consolation points are available at alliance events. A list of alliances can be found here. Consolation points are awarded to those who nominated and competed in alliance events but did not earn a check. Consolation points are equal to one-half of the lowest point total paid in any given round at that event.
Example: If the last hole pays 3.0 points, anyone who nominated and competed for the event but did not earn a check are awarded 1.5 points.
- Division 1: 7.5 consolation points
- Division 2: 4.5 consolation points
- Division 3: 3 consolation points
- Division 4: 1.5 consolation points
NOMINATION POINTS BREAKDOWN:
- Division I: 1.0 points
- Division II: .75 points
- Division III: .50 points
- Division IV: .25 points
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY POINTS IF I TIED FOR A PLACING?
In an instance where athletes tied, the total points for the tied places will be added together and split evenly between the total number of tied places.
Note: If several athletes tie for 10th place, they will split the base points for last place. If the points equal less than the consolation or nomination point total, the athletes will receive the greater value of points.
COMPETITION GO-ROUND POINTS
COMPETITION FINALS & AVERAGE POINTS
NOTE: POINTS ARE GIVEN BASED ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF MONIES AT THE EVENT. THESE ARE EXAMPLES OF EVENTS THAT PAID OUT EVEN MONIES.