Nominations are open now for the $562,000 July 2022 Utah Days of ‘47 Rodeo until June 26 at 11:59 p.m. Every athlete who competes at the event will receive a $500 appearance fee and an additional $750 if they advance to the Gold Medal Round.
- July 20: Preliminary Rounds
July 21:Preliminary Rounds
- July 22: Preliminary Rounds
- July 23: Preliminary Rounds
- July 25: Gold Medal Round
- Dirk Webb
- Bar T
PAYOUT (TOTAL OF $62,500 PER DISCIPLINE [$62,500 FOR HEADERS & $62,500 FOR HEELERS])
- Each Semi-Final Performance:
- 1st = $1,600 (per partner)
- 2nd = $1,200 (per partner)
- 3rd = $ 800 (per partner
- 4th = $ 400 (per partner)
- Gold Medal Round:
- 1st = $25,000 plus a Gold Medal (per partner)
- 2nd = $12,500 plus a Silver Medal (per partner)
- 3rd = $ 6,000 plus a Bronze Medal (per partner)
- 4th = $ 3,000 (per partner)
What is the WCRA Triple Crown of Rodeo? It is an annual bonus that pays a $1,000,000 cash award to any one eligible athlete or collection of eligible athletes who wins the Event Championship of the same discipline in any three consecutive WCRA designated Major Rodeos. All Athletes, including “outside qualifiers” must have a minimum of 15 VRQ points on the DO4722 Leaderboard to be eligible for the bonus. For complete eligibility details please refer to the WCRA – Triple Crown of Rodeo Rules at wcrarodeo.com or click Triple Crown of Rodeo
Nominations are open now for the $562,000 July 2022 Utah Days of ‘47 Rodeo until June 26 at 11:59 p.m
The top 24 timed event athletes and the top 24 roughstock athletes on the leaderboard as of June 26 will qualify for the event.
The No. 1 athlete on the leaderboard in each discipline being automatically seeded into the Gold Medal Round on July 25. The No. 1 athlete will also be given the opportunity to compete in the preliminary rounds.
Four (4) Semi-Final performances and one (1) Gold Medal Round. 32 contestants will be qualified to compete in each discipline. The Semi-Finals will consist of four (4) separate performances with eight (8) contestants in each discipline of each performance. The one (1) highest score/fastest time from each discipline of each performance will advance to the Gold Medal Round along with the three (3) highest scores/fastest times overall, from all four combined Semi-Final performances that have not yet advanced. In addition, the #1 ranked athlete in each discipline (for team roping it is highest ranked team after pairing) of the final audited standings of the WCRA Segment DO4722 Leaderboard will be automatically qualified for the Gold Medal Round making total of eight (8) contestants in each discipline to compete in the Gold Medal Round. Scores/times from the Semi-Final performances will NOT carry forward to the Gold Medal Round (only to break ties). For complete rules, refer to the DO47 Contestant Agreement, DO47 Ground Rules and WCRA Competition Rules.
KEY DATES AND DEADLINES
- • April 11, 2022 – WCRA Segment DO4722 Nominations Opened
- • May 2, 2022 @ 5:00pm MDT – Deadline for 2021 DO47CGR Medalists to confirm participation
- • May 31, 2022 – Top 5 qualifiers from the PRCA and WPRA will be determined based on their released updated standings
- • June 10, 2022 @ 5:00pm MDT – Deadline for PRCA/WPRA top 5 to confirm participation
- • June 26, 2022 @ 11:59pm CT – WCRA Segment DO4722 Nominations Close
- • June 28, 2022 @ 2:00pm MDT – Preliminary WCRA Leaderboard Update o All WCRA athletes have from Tuesday, June 28 at 2:00pm MDT – Wednesday, June 29 at 2:00pm MDT to email [email protected] to declare a dispute in the results. After this deadline, all points on the WCRA DO4722 Leaderboard are final.
- • June 30, 2022 @ 1:00pm MDT – WCRA Segment DO4722 Leaderboard Final
- • July 1, 2022 @ 10:0am MDT– Team Roping Pairing Opens
- • July 4, 2022 @ 5:00pm MDT – Team Roping Pairing Closes
- • July 5, 2022 @ Noon MDT – DO47 Entries Open
- • July 7, 2022 @ 5:00pm MDT – DO47 Entries Close
- • July 8, 2022 @ Noon MDT – Call backs go out
- • July 9, 2022 @ Noon MDT – Trade Period Opens
- • July 20 at Noon MDT – Trade Period Closes
Every athlete who competes at the event will receive a $500 appearance fee and an additional $750 if they advance to the Gold Medal Round.