The WCRA announced that the 2024 Triple Crown of Rodeo series will begin by reintroducing the WCRA Stampede at The E. The Triple Crown of Rodeo (TCR) event will be hosted at the legendary Lazy E Arena in Guthrie, Oklahoma, January 4-7.
The 2024 season kick-off event will mark the first time the WCRA TCR series has stopped in Guthrie in over three years. The total event payout will be $400,000.
TOTAL PAYOUT – $400,000.00 GUARANTEED
- Roughstock – $42,700 per discipline
- Timed Events – $45,200 per discipline
$15,000 added money dedicated to the Timed Event Qualifying Rounds – $2,500 per discipline
January 4 – TBD
January 5 – 7:30 PM
January 6 – 7:30 PM
January 8 – 2:00 PM
- QUALIFYING ROUNDS:
- January 4 – Time TBD –
- SW, TR, TD, BAW – 2 rounds each
- GBR – 1 round plus optional Buy-Back round
IPRA Approved (second sanction) – Timed Event Qualifying Rounds
Athletes are eligible to nominate their competitive efforts toward the WCRA Virtual Rodeo Qualifier (VRQ) for Segment SATE24 from June 12, 2023 through December 3, 2023 at 11:59pm CT.
The top 36 timed event athletes on the WCRA leaderboard will be eligible to enter the qualifying rounds ($250 entry fee- 70% jackpot payback based),
Roughstock disciplines will feature 10 athletes in the progressive rounds (January 5-8).
All timed event athletes ranked 1-6 athletes on the leaderboard will be seeded directly into the progressive round with no entry fees and bypass the qualifying rounds.
- 2023 PRCA World Champions will earn a generic qualification to Stampede at the E.
- 2023 Bill Pickett Invitational Rodeo WCRA Series winner will earn a generic qualification to Stampede at the E.
- Additional athletes may earn generic qualifications from additional select events. These event will be advertised in advance if applicable.
- ENTRY FEES:
- Timed Events – $250 per discipline in Qualifying Rounds – 70% jackpot payback based on Qualifying Round results
- Barrel Racing Buy Back Round: $250 – limit of 1 re-entry, no payout, advancement only
- Rough Stock – No entry fees
- COMPETITION FORMAT:
- Qualifying Rounds – Timed Events – 2 Rounds; Barrel Racing – 1 Round
- Barrel Racing Buy Back Round – 1 Round, minimum five (5) entries required to hold round.
- Progressive Round – all disciplines – 2 Rounds (no previous times advance except for tie breakers)
- Triple Crown of Rodeo – 1 Round (clean slate) – 8 athletes
- DISCIPLINE FORMATS:
- BB, SB, BR: Two (2) rounds in Progressive Round with eligible athletes advancing to Triple Crown of Rodeo round.
- TD, SW, TR, BAW – Two (2) Qualifying Rounds with eligible athletes advancing to Progressive round
- GBR – One (1) Qualifying Round with eligible athletes advancing to Progressive round
- Athletes not advancing are eligible to re-enter in the Buy-Back Round for $250.