$1,000,000 MAJOR EVENTS
WCRA will create and execute multiple $1,000,000 major events annually. WCRA major events will be held in multiple qualifying segments and in conjunction with major PBR events. PBR will produce & promote the WCRA major events. Each WCRA major will feature a minimum of $1,000,000 in prize money available to the athletes.
Things to know:
- $1,000,000 Payout
- Top athletes who have advanced through the Virtual Rodeo Qualifier (VRQ)
- Top cowboys and cowgirls will go head-to-head in eight disciplines.
- Disciplines: bareback riding, women’s breakaway roping, saddle bronc riding, steer wrestling, team roping, tie-down roping, barrel racing, and bull riding.
- $111,000 per discipline- with champions walking away with $50,000 each
$500,000 SEMI-FINALS EVENTS
The Lazy E Arena will host all WCRA Semi-Finals events. The semi-finals events are the only way to qualify for an upcoming $1,000,000 major. Each WCRA semi-finals will pay a minimum of $500,000 in prize money.
Things to know:
- $500,000 Payout
- Top 50 Timed Event athletes and top 32 roughstock athletes on the leaderboard qualify
- Timed events: Compete in reverse order of leaderboard standing
DIVISION RANKINGS AND NOMINATION FEES
The World Champions Rodeo Alliance formula ranks rodeos/events using objective data to break the entire sport down into four divisions. Total payout is the greatest weighing factor that places each rodeo/event into each division.
HOW POINTS WORK
Once an athlete has nominated a rodeo/event (prior to competing), points will be awarded if/when the athlete places at the rodeo/event and earns money. The WCRA Leaderboard is updated weekly on Wednesday afternoons.
VRQ WEEKLY BONUS
The WCRA Virtual Rodeo Qualifier (VRQ) Weekly Bonus is a bonus paid to the high-point earner in each division each week. The athlete with the most points in the VRQ each week to win the weekly bonus.