For the 2021 IPRA season, athletes that earn prize money at WCRA produced events and/or the Women’s Rodeo World Championships (WRWC) are eligible to apply up to ten-thousand dollars ($10,000.00) per discipline toward the 2021 IPRA World Standings. For WCRA earnings to be eligible for the 2021 IPRA World Standings the following protocols will be applied:
The athlete must be a member in good standing of the IPRA prior to the WCRA or WRWC event in which the athlete earned prize money. (Earnings from the 2021 WRWC Team Roping disciplines are not eligible for IPRA World Standings.)
The athlete must enter and participate in a minimum of ten (10) IPRA first sanctioned rodeos in the 2021 season for the discipline(s) the may have WCRA earnings applied.
If for any reason, there are less the two hundred (200) IPRA sanctioned rodeos in the 2021 season, the earnings amount will be lowered to a maximum of five thousand dollars ($5,000.00) and the rodeo count will be lowered to a minimum of five (5) IPRA first sanctioned rodeos.
“Top Hand Award” Rules and Information
- An athlete must meet all requirements listed to be eligible and they are:
- Athletes must nominate in the VRQ prior to the official start time of the first round of the competition.
- Athletes must nominate the discipline they wish to be considered for the award.
- Athletes can nominate multiple disciplines.
- Athletes must nominate for Segment 7.
2. Award will be a one-time bonus of $2,500.00 USD
3. Award will be given to the athlete who earns the most amount of prize money in a single discipline during the IFR51 event.
- Total prize money earned from all rounds of competition and the aggregate will be combined to determine an athlete’s total event earnings.
- Ground money is not eligible to be included in an athlete’s total earnings.
4. The winning athlete must complete a W9. ALL non-US resident athletes must complete a W-8BEN tax form, 30% of any earnings due will be withheld. The winner shall be responsible for any and all applicable taxes.
- Highest ranked aggregate placing in a discipline
- Highest total number of round wins
- Highest total number of round placings
- Most prize money earned in any round of competition
- Highest Year-End Total Money in the 2020 IPRA World Standings in that discipline
- If tie still remains after all tiebreakers exhausted, the tied athletes will split the payout evenly.