The WCRA has announced that the $562,500 2021 Days of ’47 Cowboy Games and Rodeo will play host to the second stop to the WCRA’s Triple Crown of Rodeo (TCR) during the 2021 season. The TCR is an annual bonus that will pay $1 Million to any one athlete or collection of athletes who win first place in any three consecutive WCRA Major Rodeos.
The Days of ’47 Cowboy Games & Rodeo takes place July 20-24 at the state-of-the-art Days of ’47 Arena at the Utah State Fairpark in Salt Lake City.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Athletes are eligible to nominate their competitive efforts in the Virtual Rodeo Qualifier (VRQ) until June 27, 2021 at 11:59 pm CT.
- Open athletes must earn a minimum of 15 points
- Youth athletes must earn a minimum of 7 points
EXAMPLE: If an athlete qualifies to compete in a TCR event on the Leaderboard or as an alternate, BUT has not met this minimum point threshold, they will be required to pay a $300 penalty fee.
The total event payout will be $562,500 with the payout per round as follows:
- Semi-Final Rounds (July 20-23): $144,000 ($36,000 per performance)
- Gold Medal Round (July 24): $418,500 ($46,500 per discipline)
Each champion will walk away with a minimum of $25,000 and a coveted DO47 Gold Medal.
- Top 24 in Rough Stock disciplines from the Days of ’47 (segment 8) Leaderboard
- Top 24 in Timed Event disciplines from the Days of ’47 (segment 8) Leaderboard
- DO47 Invites: Eight athletes in each discipline will be qualified via the DO47 Committee parameters to include the top three medalists in each discipline from the 2019 event, along with the top five athletes in the 2021 PRCA, WPRA and PBR world standings, respectively as of June 28.
*Athletes are allowed one entry per discipline
NOTE: THE No. 1 athlete as of July 1, 2021 in each discipline will be seeded into Final Round (Team Roping is based on combined team point total)
- Gold Medal Round (final round 7/24 @ 7:30 p.m.)
- Semifinals Performances (7/20 – 23 @ 7:30 p.m.)
Gold Medal Round (final round 7/24)
Semifinals Performances (7/20 – 23)
A total of 32 athletes (eight athletes per night) in each of the nine disciplines will compete in the semi-final performances with the fastest time or highest score in each discipline of each performance advancing to the Gold Medal Round. The three fastest times or highest scores, from all the semi-final performances combined, not already advancing, will also advance to the Gold Medal Round. The seven qualifiers from the semi-finals round along with the WCRA Leaderboard No. 1 will create for a total of eight athletes competing in each discipline of the Gold Medal Round.
- Athletes that are entered in a TCR event as an “Outside Qualifier” (also known as an “event invitee”), must meet the minimum qualification requirements to participate in a TCR event including, but not limited to, earning the minimum required VRQ points per the event ground rules and nominate the TCR event in the VRQ.
- Any outside qualifiers that have not participated in the S8 leaderboard will be required to nominate Days of ’47 rodeo and pay an additional fee of $300.